From the Rector/Catechesis, Fifth Sunday of Lent, 3/2/2023
“12 Ways to Make Holy Week More Meaningful”
Adapted from Simply Catholic
- PRAYER. If you have to work or go to school during Holy Week, think about how
you can incorporate prayer breaks into each day.
- MAKE AN ADDITIONAL SACRIFICE by fasting and abstaining from meat on
Holy Thursday and Holy Saturday in addition to Good Friday.
- DON’T WATCH TELEVISION from sundown on Holy Thursday until Easter
- GO to confession.
- SET ASIDE 10 minutes every day to read Passion accounts in the Gospels.
- Make it a point to FORGIVE someone on Good Friday.
- PRAY the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary.
- OFFER UP any pain or difficulties you experience during Holy Week and unite
your sufferings with the pain of Christ.
- PRAY the Stations of the Cross.
- ATTEND all of the Triduum liturgies.
- INVITE family members, friends and neighbors — especially people who have
strayed from the church — to come to church with you.
- VOLUNTEER to help others in some charitable way.
This week’s FORMED.org recommendation: Preparing for Holy Week | The Augustine Institute with Dr. Tim Gray and Dr. Mark Giszczak (any and all choices); Triduum: A Spiritual Pilgrimage