The Busy and Holy Month of June
The month of June is always a full one in our parish. Here is a list of the upcoming events. We invite you to participate in all that you can during this month of the Sacred Heart!
- 5 June: Solemnity of Pentecost. Pray for the coming of the Holy Spirit with the Veni Creator Spiritus prayer!
- 6 June: Mary, Mother of the Church. Pray to our Lady for the sanctification of the Church on this day.
- 7 June: “Reasons for Your Hope” summer course begins. This will be a summer long course on how to defend your faith. It will be at 6:30pm on the Tuesdays of June and July, and will be held in the school auditorium.
- 12 June: Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. This is the central mystery of our faith. Pray this day for a deeper relationship with each Divine Person!
- 17-19 June: Annual Spanish Market. Once again, santero artists from around the state will be here to showcase and sell their artwork. There will be a car show from 10am-1pm, performances, food, and good times. Come enjoy the festivities!
- 19 June: Solemnity of Corpus Christi. This day begins the National Eucharistic Revival, which will be an effort to renew and revitalize our faith in the Blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist. A special edition of the Voice of the Southwest will be available starting this day to help you understand this great gift of Jesus to us. There will also be a Eucharistic Procession at the 8am Mass this day.
- 20 June: Anniversary of the Dedication of the Cathedral. This is a feast day in our parish! Pray for the bishop, priests, deacons, consecrated religious, and parishioners of the Cathedral this day.
- 23 June: Solemnity of the Nativity of John the Baptist.
- 24-26 June: Annual 40 Hours Devotion. During the daytime hours of these days, we will once again have extended Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. All may come to pray in that time before our Lord. Please call the parish office (505-722-6644) to sign up for an hour of adoration. If we do not fill all the hours, we cannot have this event.
- 25 June: Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- 26 June: Solemnity of the Sacred Heart. Since this is the titular feast of the Cathedral, it will be transferred from the previous Friday to Sunday, so that the whole parish may gather to pray and celebrate on this great feast of Christ’s abundant love for us.
- 29 June: Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul. Pray for the Pope, the successor of Saint Peter, on this day!