God in Three Divine Persons: The Holy Trinity
Jesus the Eternal Son of God: Lesson 3
1. The witness of the Gospels: Infallible, Inspired, Word of God.
2. Titles of Jesus- Lord, Son of God, Son of Man, Christ.
3. What we believe about Jesus: Incarnation, Only Son of God, All things made through Him, One Divine Person , born of the Virgin Mary, True God and True Man. Eternal Kingdom
4. Mysteries of the life of Jesus: Baptism Temptation, Kingdom, Miracles, Transfiguration, Paschal Mystery
60. Q. Did God abandon man after he fell into sin?
A. God did not abandon man after he fell into sin, but promised him a
Redeemer, who was to satisfy for man’s sin and reopen to him the gates
61. Q. Who is the Redeemer?
A. Our Blessed Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of mankind.
62. Q. What do you believe of Jesus Christ?
A. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second Person of
the Blessed Trinity, true God and true man.
69. Q. What do you mean by the Incarnation?
A. By the Incarnation I mean that the Son of God was made man.
70. Q. How was the Son of God made man?
A. The Son of God was conceived and made man by the power of the Holy
Ghost, in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
74. Q. On what day was the Son of God conceived and made man?
A. The Son of God was conceived and made man on Annunciation day–the
day on which the Angel Gabriel announced to the Blessed Virgin Mary that
she was to be the Mother of God.
75. Q. On what day was Christ born?
A. Christ was born on Christmas day in a stable at Bethlehem, over nineteen hundred years ago.
Christ: means the Anointed one. It comes from the Greek word Christos which is used to translate the Hebrew word Messiah.
Dogma: an essential doctrine or teaching of the Church. Issued with the highest authority and solemnity as a truth revealed by God that His people must believe.
Evangelist: a proclaimer of the Gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ.
Gospel: Jesus’ preaching of the good news of salvation written in the four Divinely inspired written accounts in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Heresy: a false teaching that contradicts an essential teaching of the Church.
Incarnation: dogma that God’s eternal Son became man, born of the Virgin Mary. The word means, “taking flesh”.
Paschal Mystery: the Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus Christ.
(To view the past catechesis videos please visit our dioceseofgallup.org Office of Catechetical Ministry; click on Education drop-down box and will quickly access each catechesis lesson)